As the winter rolls in, here are some apps to keep you cozy by the fireside:
10. FirePlace – Free: (Free) Sometimes you can sit down, build a fire, and curl up while its soft crackling lulls you to sleep. For the other times, though, having an app to display a fireplace for you, with your choice of music, is the next best thing.
9. NBA Game Time 2014-15: (Free) This season’s updated version of this NBA companion app will keep you and your basketball-watching craze up to date all season long.
8. Winter Survival Kit: (Free) It never hurts to be prepared. In the case of a winter emergency, this app is a good one to have handy.
7. 94 Degrees: (Free) There’s always plenty of time to play a game here and there. What’s better than one that will get you thinking of those brutally hot days you’re (not) missing?
6. Netflix: (Free) If there is such thing as a best time to watch TV and movies, the winter would claim it.
5. Ski Safari: ($.99) Just because your skiing adventures probably don’t contain a chase down an infinite mountain with a raging avalanche at your back and an assortment of animals that want to save you, doesn’t mean you can’t make it happen.
4. Ski and Snow Report: (Free) Keep up to date on the conditions at your local ski mountain and be sure your favorite trails are open before you hit the slopes.
3. Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift: (Free) Cut the Rope is awesome. The holiday season is awesome. A combination of the two? Super awesome!
2. Christmas Music ~ 10,000 FREE Christmas Songs!: (Free) Stream or download Christmas music from your iPhone or iPad and show off to the family who is really the most hip.
1. NORAD Tracks Santa: (Free) Never lose track of where old St. Nick is this Christmas Eve, and keep busy helping the elves at the North Pole in a mini-game!
-TheAppEmperor *snowing* out